Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In a hurry cake and cupcakes…



Challenge, I was asked to make two desserts one for the kids, on for the adults. Ok, I thought, chocolate! Now, cake or cupcake? Both! The same recipe lets see how it works… and they turn out great!!! I made the Barefoot Contessa recipe, Beatty's Chocolate Cake, with a twist. I sifted all the dry ingredients and mix all the wet and then beat them together in the electric mixer. And for the frosting I did my own.

Chocolate Frosting:

-6oz semisweet chocolate
-1 stick of un-salted butter
-1 cup powder sugar
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

In a double boiler melt chocolate and let it cool a little.
Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
Add the melted cool chocolate and beat.
Add the vanilla.

With one recipe I ended up with 10 frosted cupcakes and one 8 inch x 2 inch round cake which I finish with frosting on the side, powder sugar on the top and cut strawberries for a elegant touch. 

Ps: you can also get the recipe in the cookbook “Barefoot Contessa at home” pg. 165.













No comments:

Post a Comment